You are here: Home News News Mailman Delivers Message: Garage on Fire
Banner

Mailman Delivers Message: Garage on Fire

(11/24/12-Tony Hart) A mailman making deliveries Friday morning came upon a Town of Manchester garage fire. 

The Black River Falls Fire Department received the call about 11-o'clock and arrived on scene to a fully engulfed structure.  Fire Chief Steve Schreiber says the garage, detached from the home, at W9108 Dennis Road is a total loss. The home next to it, owned by Mark and Jennifer Hill, suffered some radiant heat damage to its siding.  Chief Schreiber says the cause appears to be burn barrel in which some paper had been placed about an hour earlier. While the paper was not ignited, it is believed the fire started from ash in the barrel left from a burning earlier in the week. The strong winds blew embers out of the barrel which caught leaves on fire in a car port area of the structure.  The fire then spread to the garage itself.  The American Red Cross was called to assist the family since the electrical was cut by the power company.  No injuries were reported.  The Black River Falls Fire Department received mutual aid from Merrillan, Hixton and Sparta Rural Fire Departments.  Because a burn barrel was involved, The Wisconsin DNR Fire Control also assisted in the investigation.

 

rsdaily

WWIS RADIO

wwis

WWIS Radio.
The Voice of Black River Country

cbs

tmh-rehab 200x267 fa

Photo Gallery

Contact Us

You may call or email us at the numbers listed.