You are here: Home News News Ten Hospitalized for Possible Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Banner

Ten Hospitalized for Possible Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

(1/26/12) On Thursday January 26, 2012 at approximately 0949 hours the Jackson County Sheriff's Office Emergency Communications Center received a call requesting EMS at Chippewa By-Products near Alma Center. The caller reported a person had passed out and the nature of the problem was not known to the caller.  Units from Alma Center Fire Department along with Alma Center 1st Responders and Black River Falls Emergency Medical Services responded to the scene.
Upon arrival it was determined that there were several persons who may have been overcome by Carbon Monoxide fumes while in one of the buildings at the facility.  In total 10 patients were transported to Black River Memorial Hospital for treatment. Their conditions are not known at this time.  The building where the suspected exposure took place is being ventilated and the cause of the exposure is being investigated but has not been determined at this time. There were propane powered forklifts being operated in the building as well a wood fueled furnace was in service to heat the building.  Access to the building is being restricted to allow for ventilation and investigation of the incident.  Emergency crews on scene were assisted by the Merrillan Fire Department and 1st Responders as well as the Jackson County Sheriff's Office.

 

rsdaily

WWIS RADIO

wwis

WWIS Radio.
The Voice of Black River Country

cbs

tmh-rehab 200x267 fa

Photo Gallery

Contact Us

You may call or email us at the numbers listed.