(3/25/12) The Committee of the Whole met at City Hall in the City of Black River Falls on March 21, 2012 at 6:00 P.M.
Alderpersons Olson, J. Eddy, Gearing-Lancaster, Chojnacki, Johnson, Herman, R. Eddy and Rahmlow were present. Mayor Danielson presided.
- 1.Resolution 2012-3, A RESOLUTION RELATIVE TO PRODUCTS CONTAINING DEXTROMETHORPHAN (DXM) was distributed.
- 2.It was moved by Alderperson Chojnacki, seconded by Alderperson Gearing-Lancaster to recommend that Resolution 2012-3 be adopted by the Council. Motion carried with Alderpersons Johnson, Herman and R. Eddy voting no.
- 3.The Department Heads presented their monthly reports.
- 4.The Family Worship Assembly, 740 Alder Street, is requesting permission to allow them to perform archery activities on their property. There is a program called “Centershot” that is promoted by the church. City statutes require the Council to designate areas as shooting ranges. The areas must be supervised. A representative of the church will be at the April 4 council meeting to make a formal request.
- 5.It was moved by Alderperson R. Eddy, seconded by Alderperson J. Eddy to approve January and February 2012 vouchers in the amount of $2,751,024.13. Motion carried.
- 6.It was moved by Alderperson Olson, seconded by Alderperson Johnson to approve January and February 2012 City Treasurer’s report. Motion carried.
- 7.Parks and Recreation Director Steve Peterson requested permission to reside outside the city limits. He would be well within the 30 minute response time required of other city employees. He plans on building a house south of town to be closer to his family. He has been Parks and Recreation Director for the city since 1987. City ordinance allows the Council to grant a waiver to the residency requirement.
- 8.It was moved by Alderperson Chojnacki, seconded by Alderperson Johnson that in the interest of fairness and upon consideration of the pertinent facts and the non-emergency nature of his work that it would be in the best interest of the city to grant the waiver as above. Motion carried.
- 9.It was moved by Alderperson J. Eddy, seconded by Alderperson Gearing-Lancaster to adjourn. Motion carried.