Contact: Trisha Wagner, Jackson County UW-Extension
The Jackson County Highway Department will be accepting agricultural hazardous waste on Friday and Saturday June 8th & 9th , from 8:00 a.m. – Noon.
Please bring acceptable items to the Jackson County Highway shop on Harrison Street in Black River Falls.
This service is free of charge. All accepted items MUST be in their original containers. DO NOT mix the contents of different containers. Securely package materials during transport.
ACCEPTED ITEMS ARE:
- Herbicides, Insecticides, Pesticides, Fungicides
- Home cleaning products and solvents
- Wood preservatives, lead paint or stain strippers
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
- Explosives, ammunition, firearms
- Radioactive material
- High pressure gas cylinders
- Yard waste and recyclables
- Biological infectious or human fluids and waste
For questions, contact the Extension office or the Jackson County Zoning Department, 715-284-0220.