(9/20/12) The Committee of the Whole met at City Hall in the City of Black River Falls on September 19, 2012 at 6:00 P.M.
Alderpersons Gearing-Lancaster, Chojnacki, Johnson, Herman, R. Eddy, Rahmlow, Olson and J. Eddy were present. Mayor Danielson presided.
1. Miss Black River Falls and her court introduced themselves to the Council.
2. Street Superintendent Todd Gomer requested authorization for additional repairs to the City Shop. Nordstrom Construction is currently replacing the roof and quoted a price of approximately $17,000 to replace the steel walls and 5 windows.
It was moved by Alderperson R. Eddy, seconded by Rahmlow to proceed with the City Shop project above with additional funding from the 2013 budget if necessary. Motion carried.
3. It was moved by Alderperson Rahmlow, seconded by Aldersperson Olson to authorize City Attorney Dan Diehn to prepare a resolution to install YIELD signs on South Sixth Street at Fillmore Street and a STOP sign on the one-way street between Jefferson Street and North Water Street stopping traffic as it enters North Water Street. Further, add DO NOT ENTER and ONE WAY signs to the resolution if necessary. Motion carried.
4. It was moved by Alderperson Johnson, seconded by Alderperson Chojnacki to allow South 1st Street between Main Street and Fillmore Street to be blocked off for an antique car visit on October 4th from approximately 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. The owners will be visiting the Historical Society and having lunch and shopping downtown. Motion carried.
5. It was moved by Alderperson J. Eddy, seconded by Alderperson Chojnacki to approve the City Administrator retirement agreement as presented. Motion carried.
6. It was moved by Alderperson R. Eddy, seconded by Alderperson Herman to approve the August 2012 vouchers in the amount of $194,490.46. Motion carried.
7. It was moved by Alderperson J. Eddy, seconded by Alderperson Olson to approve the August 2012 City Treasurer's report. Motion carried.
8. It was moved by Alderperson Olson, seconded by Alderperson Johnson to approve the August 2012 Revenue and Expense report. Motion carried.
9. The official census estimate for the population of the City at January 1, 2012 is 3,609.
10. It was moved by Alderperson Herman, seconded by Alderperson Chojnacki to adjourn. Motion carried.