WWIS Header
Log in
updated 4:14 PM UTC, Feb 23, 2018

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Near Arcadia

  • Written by Bob Gabrielson
  • Published in News

(2/24/14) Thirteen people were taken to a hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning from a home near Arcadia in western Wisconsin.

  Trempealeau County authorities responded to a house where seven adults and five children fell ill late yesterday afternoon.  A responding officer also succumbed, and was treated at a local hospital and later released.  W-Q-O-W T-V in Eau Claire said there was no word on the conditions of the other 12 people.  Officials said a charcoal grill was apparently being used to heat the home.  The incident remains under investigation.

33°F

Black River Falls

Partly Cloudy

Humidity: 77%

Wind: 22 mph

  • 23 Feb 2018 34°F 20°F
  • 24 Feb 2018 36°F 18°F