(2/24/14) Thirteen people were taken to a hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning from a home near Arcadia in western Wisconsin.
Trempealeau County authorities responded to a house where seven adults and five children fell ill late yesterday afternoon. A responding officer also succumbed, and was treated at a local hospital and later released. W-Q-O-W T-V in Eau Claire said there was no word on the conditions of the other 12 people. Officials said a charcoal grill was apparently being used to heat the home. The incident remains under investigation.